Tips on Living in Cold Lake - The Darker Side of Things
1. Higher Taxes - Cold Lake has higher taxes than other cities the same size (because of Cold Lakes heavy debt load)
2. No Drone Zone - No drones in Cold Lake, you can get a license to fly them (For those who are keen on flying drones in Cold Lake, a proper certification called special flight operations certificate (SFOC) can be applied through Transport Canada.
The two-step process also includes coordinating with 4 Wing)
3. Spread Out - 3 former towns that amalgamated to form a smaller city
4. Very Protective Of The Lake - Keeping the Lake clean and your boats clean are extremely important to Cold Lakers..and no touching the trees or greenery by the Lake.. extremely heavy fines
5. A Bit Isolated - 3 hours away from any Large city and about 3-4 hours from the airport