Advantages of Owning a Condo
Whether you’re a first-time buyer or a seasoned hunter of a residential property, you can look forward to:
- Lower Prices – As the purchase prices are typically lower for condominiums than other property types, they are much more affordable to buyers, especially first-time buyers, than other property types.
- Less Maintenance – In condominiums, the strata company takes care of property maintenance such as snow shoveling, landscaping, and exterior building repairs.
- Security – Many condominium buildings often secure gated parking. With many neighbours in close proximity, there are more “eyes on the street” that are helpful in deterring crime. Some condominium buildings even have their own security team.
- Amenities – Condominium buildings can have a variety of communal amenities which can include swimming pools, activity rooms, and fitness centres.
- Independent Management – Unlike renting, in condominium ownership, you have more choice in decorating and making changes to the interior of your unit.