What To Look For When Buying Land
- Are there nearby nuisances such as unwanted noises, smells, or hazards: farmers’ silage, hunters, snowmobile trails, a firing range, or blasting at quarry just beyond the trees?
- Find out who your neighbors are and whether their lifestyle (collecting dead pickup trucks, e.g.) are compatible with yours
- Have any neighbors been granted a special exception or zoning variance and what for use –a pig farm perhaps?
- What school district?
- Distance to work, shopping, restaurants, etc.?
- Property taxes
- Fire protection – what is available in rural areas
- Future development nearby: houses, commercial development, roads, highways
- Insurance rates – may be higher near water, in flood plain, in high-wind zones, or far away from a water source or pressurized hydrant for fire protection
For More Information on Buying Land please Contact
RE/MAX Platinum Realty